Saint Paul City Hall – Ramsey County Courthouse Tours
Ramsey County Courthouse & St. Paul City Hall Tours
Take a tour of the Ramsey County Courthouse and Saint Paul City Hall!
We will tour the architecturally significant spaces and features within Saint Paul City Hall/Ramsey County Courthouse. The Saint Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse is a 21-story Art Deco skyscraper which opened to the public in 1932. The building serves as the main location for Minnesota’s Second Judicial Court and City Hall, and also contains the The Vision of Peace, the world’s largest carved onyx statue. The building has 23 kinds of woods from 18 countries and various marbles throughout.
Tours may include the Vision of Peace Statue, Memorial Hall, Council Chambers, Mayor’s Office, Law Library, Historic Courtroom, period furniture, Art Deco architectural features, and more. Please note that this is a working building; not all rooms are available to tour at all times.
Free Public Tours Summer 2023
- Public Tours (no reservations needed) are available on the following Mondays at 12:15 pm.
- Tours last about 60-90 minutes.
- Please meet at the Vision of Peace statue in the main lobby.
Courthouse/City Hall Free Public Tour Dates 2023
- Monday, August 7 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, August 21 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, September 11 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, September 25 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, October 9 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, October 23 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, November 6 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, November 20 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, December 4 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, December 18 – 12:15 pm
Please note: All visitors entering the City Hall/Courthouse must pass through security screening.
Private Tours of the Ramsey County Courthouse/Saint Paul City Hall
Ramsey County Historical Society provides 60-90 minute private tours for school groups, seniors, and others.
- Please contact us with at least 30 days advance notice to schedule a private tour.
- Groups up to 25 people can be on a single tour. Please contact us about larger groups.
- School groups must have chaperones/teachers accompany them.
- Private tours must still go through security screening – please leave extraneous items behind.
For-Profit Organizations & Companies, Private Groups
$50 per tour group
20 people maximum per group
Non-Profit 501(3)c Organizations
$25 per tour group
20 people maximum per group
School Field Trips
Please contact us for information on school tours.
To schedule a private tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-222-0701 ext. 226.
Parking: Please note that there is no bus parking by the Courthouse, and parking for cars is limited in downtown. Buses can drop off visitors and find other parking. Car parking is available at parking meters and in many paid lots throughout downtown. For more, see https://www.stpaul.gov/parking-saint-paul